I could be mad, but...

Today was Joseph's appointment with his counselor. As it turned out, today was his last appointment with this particular counselor, because she got a new job. Surprise! I assume the job of counselor at a public mental health facility must suck, because this is the second one we've had this year. So I just told her, "Congratulations!"

Like I said, I could be upset about this, because Asperger's and change blah blah, but Joseph was kind of meh about the whole thing. Plus, I got to hear the greatest conversation in the waiting room.

I live for overheard conversations, especially when people are carrying on in public. Today the shrink was running an hour behind, and all the strangers in the lobby had become BFFs. These two ladies got to talking about growing up Pentecostal, and the way the other kids at school had made fun of their hairstyles. One of the ladies got all animated, and she said, "I used to complain and my mama would say, 'you ain't supposed to be thinking about those kids; you're supposed to be thinking about the Lord!' And I said, 'Mama, I ain't going to school with Jesus!'"

Hahahahaha! So that bit of humor, along with a lovely after-therapy dinner at Ruby Tuesday, set the tone for the rest of my night. Thanks formerly bad-haired lady!

P.S. I did a GIS for "Pentecostal hair" and found nothing but totally cute updos. Times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment